Join your friends in magic on May 9, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. for our next regular meeting. We have a fun, full agenda for the meeting... here's what we have in store for you:
1. Mini-Lecture: Music and Magic
Peter Apel will facilitate a group discussion on the topic, “The Magic of Audio: How Thoughtful Selection and Use of Music Can Enhance Your Magical Performance.” He'll cover selecting the right music, preparation and practice, technology and hardware, and other topics brought up by the members.
2. Teach-In Sessions: False Transfers and Double-Lifts
Next, we'll divide attendees into two groups to take part in teach-in sessions led by two Ring 216 officers. Each group will have the opportunity to attend each session.
• Cal Tong will lead a session on false transfers. As student of Shoot Ogawa, Cal is a master of the art and will discuss technique, psychology, and misdirection. Bring your own coins or other small objects to practice with.
• Gary Goldberg will facilitate a discussion on the double-lift. Gary is a wonderful cardician who has studied the classics, and he'll be able to share advice and techniques for mastering this extremely valuable card sleight.
3. Magic Reviews from Club Members
Have you bought any new magic books, videos, or tricks lately? Tell us what you think about them! We're going to inaugurate a new feature of Ring 216 where we invite YOU to share your opinions in an open forum about what you've purchased. In 1-3 minutes, tell us what you like or don't like about it so that your fellow members can decide whether to buy it.
4. Open Performances
If you haven't performed at the Ring lately, we invite you to show your stuff! You'll get first priority during our open performance portion of the evening. Remember: As a member of Ring 216, you're obligated to perform at a club event (meeting or competition) at least once per year. Nervous? No need to be... We're family!