The 2018 Stage & Parlor Magic Competition is just around the corner — Wednesday, Dec. 12. Come on out to support your fellow magicians as they present their best material in a parlor setting... think the Parlor of Prestidigitation at the Magic Castle (without the cover charge).
And be sure to bring your friends and family because magic is always better when there are more people to enjoy it! Your guests can be fellow magicians or, preferably, non-magicians who love magic.
The performances start at 7:30 p.m. sharp! We'll be at our usual location at Yu-Ai Kai Senior Center, 588 North 4th Street, San Jose, CA.
Sign up to perform!Whether you're a past winner, a brand-new entrant, or something in between, now's your chance to share your routines and show off your skills. This is a great, low-stress way to hone your act and get feedback. Remember: The goal is to do your best and not focus on winning. Just have fun!
If you're thinking of competing, please keep in mind the following information:
- Parlor is defined as an act presented in a formal stand-up setting with a sound system and curtains. There will be 5-6 rows of seating.
- But remember that we don't have raked seating, so be aware that people in the 2nd or 3rd row will not be able to see the top of a table.
- All paid members are allowed to compete, including past winners.
- If you're new to the club, you have to attend at least three meetings this year to become a member and compete.
- If you've won in the past, you must perform a different act.
- Acts should be around 6 minutes long, so start timing yourself. (Depending on the number of participants, this number may be larger or smaller.)
- Check out all the competition rules.
To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.